Meet the Team
Ryland Cairns | Director
BSc(hons), MSc, MTech, PgCertFM, CMgr MCMI, CEnv, MIEMA, CBIFM.
Growing up in rural North Yorkshire Ryland has always felt a strong connection with the environment and is why he has dedicated his life to environmental science and management.
He has had in excess of 10 years experience in a range of environmental management positions including at Muntons award winning AD plant; Thames Waters state of the art Water Recycling Plant and the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Stadium and prior to this managing the MoDs water and wastewater infrastructure and operations across the South Atlantic. This practical knowledge and experience is bolstered by his time in R&D both in industry (Severn Trent Water) and academia (Cranfield University) with his research winning awards from the Worshipful Company of Engineers, IWA and CIWEM.
Ryland is goal orientated and has helped organisations achieve…
- waste to landfill
- 75% reduction in total waste
- 28% reduction in water consumption
- 70% reduction in chemical consumption
- Best Food Industry AD plant award and shortlisted for 2 others
- Improved OPRA score from B to A
- Reduction in network sampling 66%
- Implementation of new legislation and Standards and management systems